We combined effective bylaws from across B.C. into one easy-to-use document, with the goal of creating safe and humane communities.
Our Model Animal Responsibility Bylaw is used by B.C. municipalities and regional districts to update their animal care and control bylaws.
What topics does the model bylaw cover?
- Dangerous and aggressive dogs
- Basic requirements for animal care, including chained dogs and pets in hot cars
- Licensing or registration for dogs and cats
- Ownership, sale and exhibition of exotic or wild animals
- Cat overpopulation
- Kennel and cattery licensing
- Pet store licensing
- Wildlife feeding and attractants