Spaying and neutering your pets means that you improve their health, save money on vet bills and help reduce pet overpopulation.
Do you need financial help to spay or neuter your pet? The following B.C. communities have low-cost spay/neuter programs available for cats, and on occasion, dogs and rabbits as well.
Not all programs listed are offered by the BC SPCA. Please contact the individual organization or group for details on eligibility, cost and availability.
Lower Mainland and Sunshine Coast
- Abbotsford: Fill out application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 604-850-1584 for support
- Burnaby: The City of Burnaby offers a $15 rebate, redeemable at BC SPCA Burnaby for all cats spayed or neutered
- Chilliwack: Contact BC SPCA Chilliwack at email@example.com or 604-823-6612
- Maple Ridge: Contact BC SPCA Maple Ridge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-463-9511
- Powell River: Contact BC SPCA Powell River at email@example.com or 604-485-9252
- Sunshine Coast: Contact BC SPCA Sunshine Coast at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-740-0301
- Surrey: Contact the Surrey Community Cat Coalition at email@example.com or 778-589-8552; or contact BC SPCA Surrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-571-7711
- Squamish and area: Contact BC SPCA Sea to Sky at email@example.com or 604-898-9890
- Vancouver: Contact BC SPCA Animal Hospital at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-879-3571
- Gabriola Island: Contact Cats Alive at 250-816-2287 (CATS)
- Port Alberni: Contact BC SPCA Alberni-Clayoquot at email@example.com or 250-723-5269
- Parksville: Contact BC SPCA Parksville-Qualicum Beach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-248-3811
- Salt Spring Island: Contact BC SPCA Salt Spring Island email@example.com or 250-537-2123
- Victoria: Apply online to our low income spay/neuter program for cats and dogs. Contact BC SPCA Victoria firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-388-7722 with questions.
- Castlegar & area: Castlegar & area: Contact BC SPCA West Kootenays at (250) 509-0297 or email@example.com
- Cranbrook & area: Apply online or contact BC SPCA East Kootenay at 250-426-6751
- Creston: Call 250-428-2811 for an application
- Grand Forks: Contact Linda of Boundary Community Humane Society at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-442-8636
- Fernie: Contact the Fernie Pets Society at email@example.com
- Kamloops: Contact BC SPCA Kamloops Spay/Neuter Clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-376-6055. Check out our low income spay/neuter program for cats.
- Kelowna: Contact BC SPCA Kelowna at email@example.com or (250) 861-7722
- Nelson: Contact BC SPCA Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-352-7178
- Penticton: Apply online or contact BC SPCA Penticton Veterinary Hospital at email@example.com or 250-493-1530.
- Shuswap: Contact BC SPCA Shuswap at(250) 832-7376 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quesnel: Contact BC SPCA Quesnel at email@example.com or 250-992-7722
- West Kootenay: Call Daryl of Kootenay Animal Assistance Program at 250-551-1053
- Burns Lake: Contact Lakes Animal Friendship Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawson Creek: Contact BC SPCA South Peace at email@example.com or 250-782-2444
- Fort St. John: Contact BC SPCA North Peace at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-785-7722
- Prince George: Contact BC SPCA Prince George Spay/Neuter Clinic at email@example.com or 250-562-5556 or contact BC SPCA North Cariboo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-562-5511. Check out our low income spay/neuter program for cats.
- Smithers: Contact Northwest Animal Society at email@example.com
- Williams Lake: Apply online or contact BC SPCA Williams Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-392-2179
Don’t see your community listed? Check out our spay/neuter take action page to learn about what you can do to help.
If you are part of a municipality or organization: Offer a program but it’s not on the list? No longer have funds available for this purpose? Contact email@example.com to have your program added or removed.