Spaying and neutering your pets means that you improve their health, save money on vet bills and help reduce pet overpopulation.
Do you need financial help to spay or neuter your pet? The following B.C. communities have low-cost spay/neuter programs available for cats, and on occasion, dogs and rabbits as well.
Not all programs listed are offered by the BC SPCA. Please contact the individual organization or group for details on eligibility, cost and availability.
Lower Mainland and Sunshine Coast
- Burnaby: The City of Burnaby offers a $15 rebate, redeemable at BC SPCA Burnaby for all cats spayed or neutered
- Chilliwack: Contact BC SPCA Chilliwack at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 823-6612
- Powell River: Contact BC SPCA Powell River at email@example.com or (604) 485-9252
- Sunshine Coast: Contact BC SPCA Sunshine Coast at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 740-0301
- Surrey: Contact the Surrey Community Cat Coalition at email@example.com or (778) 589-8552; or contact BC SPCA Surrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 571-7711
- Squamish and area: Contact BC SPCA Sea to Sky at email@example.com or (604) 898-9890
- Vancouver: Contact BC SPCA Animal Hospital at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 879-3571
- Gabriola Island: Contact Cats Alive at (250) 816-2287 (CATS)
- Port Alberni: Contact BC SPCA Alberni-Clayoquot at email@example.com or (250) 723-5269
- Parksville: Contact BC SPCA Parksville-Qualicum Beach at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 248-3811
- Salt Spring Island: Contact BC SPCA Salt Spring Island email@example.com or (250) 537-2123
- Victoria: The Victoria BC SPCA and the veterinarians who support this program are dedicated to providing accessible spay and neuter options. With the program growing in need, wait times for surgery appointments are approximately six months long. To relieve vets during this busy time, we will be putting this program on pause temporarily as we look to increase the number of vet clinics involved. Please check back regularly for updates. We hope to reopen applications in November with more vets and shorter wait times. Thank you for understanding. Contact BC SPCA Victoria firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 388-7722 with questions.
- Castlegar & area: Apply online or contact BC SPCA West Kootenay at email@example.com or (250) 509-0297
- Cranbrook & area: Apply online or contact BC SPCA East Kootenay at (250) 426-6751
- Creston: Call 250-428-2811 for an application
- Grand Forks: Contact Linda of Boundary Community Humane Society at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 442-8636
- Fernie: Contact the Fernie Pets Society at email@example.com
- Kamloops: Apply online or contact BC SPCA Kamloops Spay/Neuter Clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 376-6055.
- Kelowna: Contact BC SPCA Kelowna at email@example.com or (250) 861-7722
- Nelson: Contact BC SPCA Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 352-7178
- Penticton: Apply online or contact BC SPCA Penticton Veterinary Hospital at email@example.com or (250) 493-1530
- Quesnel: Contact BC SPCA Quesnel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 992-7722
- West Kootenay: Apply online or contact BC SPCA West Kootenay at email@example.com or (250) 509-0297
- Burns Lake: Contact Lakes Animal Friendship Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawson Creek: Contact BC SPCA South Peace at email@example.com or (250) 782-2444
- Fort St. John: Contact BC SPCA North Peace at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 785-7722
- North Cariboo: Contact BC SPCA North Cariboo at email@example.com or (250) 562-5511.
- Prince George: Contact BC SPCA Prince George Spay/Neuter Clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 562-5556.
- Smithers: Contact Northwest Animal Society at email@example.com
- Williams Lake: Apply online or contact BC SPCA Williams Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 392-2179
Don’t see your community listed? Check out our spay/neuter take action page to learn about what you can do to help.
If you are part of a municipality or organization: Offer a program but it’s not on the list? No longer have funds available for this purpose? Contact email@example.com to have your program added or removed.