Spaying and neutering your pets means that you improve their health, save money on vet bills and help reduce pet overpopulation.
Do you need financial help to spay or neuter your pet? The following B.C. communities have low-cost spay/neuter programs available for cats, and on occasion, dogs and rabbits as well.
Not all programs listed are offered by the BC SPCA. Please contact the individual organization or group for details on eligibility, cost and availability.
Lower Mainland and Sunshine Coast
- Burnaby: The City of Burnaby offers a $15 rebate, redeemable at the BC SPCA Burnaby Branch for all cats spayed or neutered
- Chilliwack: Contact the BC SPCA Chilliwack Branch at email@example.com or 604-823-6612
- Maple Ridge: Contact the BC SPCA Maple Ridge Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-463-9511
- Powell River: Contact BC SPCA Powell River & District Branch at email@example.com or 604-485-9252
- Surrey: Contact the Surrey Community Cat Coalition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-589-8552
- Squamish and area: Contact the BC SPCA Sea to Sky Branch at email@example.com or 604-898-9890
- Vancouver: Contact BC SPCA Animal Hospital at 604-879-3571
- Gabriola Island: Contact Cats Alive at 250-816-2287 (CATS)
- Nanaimo: Contact BC SPCA Nanaimo and District Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-758-8444
- Port Alberni: Contact BC SPCA Alberni-Clayoquot Branch at email@example.com or 250-723-5269
- Parksville: Contact BC SPCA Parksville-Qualicum Beach and District Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-248-3811
- Salt Spring Island: Contact the BC SPCA Salt Spring Island Branch at email@example.com or (250) 537-2123
- Victoria: Contact Victoria Cat Rescue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-656-1100, Greater Victoria Animal Crusaders at email@example.com or the BC SPCA Victoria Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-388-7722
- Cranbrook & area: Contact BC SPCA East Kootenay Branch at 250-426-6751
- Creston: Call 250-428-2811 for an application
- Grand Forks: Contact Linda of Boundary Community Humane Society at email@example.com or 250-442-8636
- Fernie: Contact the Fernie Pets Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kamloops: Contact BC SPCA Kamloops Spay/Neuter Clinic at 250-376-6055
- Kelowna: Contact BC SPCA Kelowna Branch at email@example.com or (250) 861-7722
- Nelson: Contact BC SPCA Nelson Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-352-7178
- Shuswap: Contact the BC SPCA Shuswap branch at(250) 832-7376 or email@example.com
- Castlegar & area: Contact the BC SPCA West Kootenays Branch at (250) 509-0297 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quesnel: Contact the BC SPCA Quesnel Branch at email@example.com or 250-992-7722
- West Kootenay: Call Daryl of Kootenay Animal Assistance Program at 250-551-1053
- Burns Lake: Contact Lakes Animal Friendship Society at 250-694-3696
- Dawson Creek: Contact the BC SPCA South Peace Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-782-2444
- Fort St. John: Contact the BC SPCA North Peace Branch at email@example.com or 250-785-7722
- Prince George: Contact BC SPCA Prince George Spay/Neuter Clinic at 250-562-5556 or contact BC SPCA North Cariboo and District Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-562-5511
- Smithers: Contact Northwest Animal Society at email@example.com
- Williams Lake: Contact BC SPCA Williams Lake & District Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-392-2179
Don’t see your community listed? Check out our spay/neuter take action page to learn about what you can do to help.
If you are part of a municipality or organization: Offer a program but it’s not on the list? No longer have funds available for this purpose? Contact email@example.com to have your program added or removed.