Dear media friends,
We value the important work you do and strive to respond quickly to meet your deadlines.
We have experts to speak on BC SPCA activities across B.C. as well as animal-related subjects ranging from pet care and safety, animal cruelty and pet behaviour to exotic animals, wildlife and farm animals.
Media contact: Lorie Chortyk, general manager, community relations, BC SPCA, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.647.1316 (office), 604.830.7179 (cell).
Want camera-ready print ads? Choose from the selection below:
- Adopt_bw_2.937×2.94 in
- BC Pet Registry_bw_3.917×5.75 in
- BC Pet Registry_bw_5.095×5.857 in
- Fireworks_bw_5.095×5.857 in
- Fireworks_colour_3.917×5.75 in
- Fireworks_colour_5.095 inx5.857 in
- Foster_bw_2.937×2.94 in
- Foster_colour_2.937×2.94 in
- Hot pets not cool_bw_3.917×5.75
- Hot pets not cool_bw_5.095×5.857 in
- Hot pets not cool_colour_3.917×5.75 in
- Hot pets not cool_colour_5.095×5.857 in
- Pets in hot cars_bw_2.937×2.94 in
- Pets in hot cars_colour_2.937×2.94 in
- Spay or neuter_bw_2.937×2.94in
- Spay or neuter_colour_2.937×2.94 in
- Tethered dogs_bw_2.937×2.94 in
- Tethered dogs_colour_2.937×2.94 in
- Volunteering_bw_2.937×2.94 in
- Volunteering_colour_2.937×2.94 in
- Volunteer Week_bw_3.917×5.75 in
- Volunteer Week_bw_5.095×5.857 in
- Volunteer Week_colour_3.917×5.75 in
- Volunteer Week_colour_5.095×5.857 in
- Year end thank you_bw_3.917×5.75 in
- Year end thank you_bw_5.095×5.857 in
- Year end thank you_colour_3.917×5.75 in
- Year end thank you_colour_5.095×5.857 in
About the BC SPCA
The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA) is a registered, non-profit, animal welfare charity. Our mission is to protect and enhance the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia.
The BC SPCA is the only animal welfare organization in B.C. with the authority to enforce animal cruelty laws under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (PCA Act). We are the largest animal welfare organization of our kind in North America and the largest animal sheltering society in the world. We have 44 locations across B.C. including:
- 36 branches which care for abused and homeless animals, until they are adopted into new homes (including two facilities with large animal barns)
- Three animal hospitals (Vancouver, Burnaby and Penticton)
- Two spay/neuter clinics (Kamloops and Prince George)
- Wild ARC, our wildlife rehabilitation centre in Metchosin
- A provincial call centre in Victoria
- Our provincial office in Vancouver, which oversees animal cruelty investigations, advocacy and education for youth and adults and other key activities across B.C.
We assist more than 97,109 animals in need every year and are funded by compassionate animal lovers who support our work and partner with us to protect and enhance the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in B.C. See more stats at a glance.
We are committed to achieving the highest standards of transparency and accountability in all our activities. In order to maintain these high standards of accountability and to foster public confidence in the work of our organization, we undertake to provide the public with information on our governance, operations and financial position.
Craig Daniell, chief executive officer
Craig Daniell joined the BC SPCA in 2002 as general manager of cruelty investigations and was appointed as chief executive officer of the society in 2003.
Before joining the BC SPCA, Craig served as director of investigations at the Ontario SPCA for three years. Prior to coming to Canada, Craig earned a law degree in his native South Africa and worked in corporate law and as a legal and policy advisor for the Department of Foreign Affairs in Pretoria, before accepting a post to the United Nations in New York, where he worked on matters related to the law of the sea, animal protection, the Security Council and international law.