Search by
postal code:
Search our site:

Animal Cruelty Hotline:


For all other calls and inquiries
see our contact details.

Find a BC SPCA location in your area:

Wildlife rehabilitation

Wild animals can get sick and injured just like our pets. It is illegal for a member of the public to care for wildlife, but we all have a shared responsibility to ensure the welfare of wild animals.

Injured, orphaned, sick and oiled wildlife need our help and we can and should help save them — especially when human activity is to blame.

Wild hummingbird flying around red flowers
Photo credit: Mary Kay Koon

Wildlife rehabilitation centres in B.C. are permitted to care for wild animals. You may need to report the situation to the appropriate agency so you don’t endanger yourself or the wild animals. Call the BC SPCA Provincial Call Centre at 1-855-622-7722 if you are unsure about what to do.

Find out how to help rescue a wild animal.

Learn how to help wildlife in an oil spill response.

Get to know the BC SPCA’s Wild Animal Rehabilitation Centre.

Explore your options to study and work in wildlife rehabilitation?

Close up eye contact shot of wild great horned owl
Photo credit: Gilles Marcotte
- Enter Your Location -
- or -