Older animals need love, too
At BC SPCA shelters, kittens and puppies are often the first to be adopted into loving homes, while older, more mature animals are ignored and as a result, stay in shelters longer.
There are plenty of reasons to bring a senior pet home – but there’s only one that really matters: It’s the right thing to do.
If you’re considering adopting a pet, here’s a few reasons to think of adopting a mature companion:
Senior pet pluses
- Senior pets are house-trained and/or litter trained
- More settled
- Personalities and temperaments are fully developed
- They’re fully grown
- You know exactly what you’re getting
- Older pets are great for companionship without the level of supervision younger pets require
- Cats and dogs eight years or older often have many more years of life – and love – to give
- Senior pets deserve loving homes too