URGENT UPDATE: In order to protect our staff, volunteers and members of the public during the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become necessary for us to significantly restrict public access to our SPCA shelter, effectively immediately. We are open to the public by appointment only for adoptions and emergency surrenders. COVID-19 news update
- Thursday to Tuesday: 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Closed
- Stat Holidays: Closed
Adoption fees**Fees vary by location and are subject to change without notice. Adoption fees are subject to PST (Provincial Sales Tax), which will be added at the time of adoption. All BC SPCA cat/kitten/dog/puppy/rabbit adoptions include a microchip and lifetime registration with the BC Pet Registry. Registration for lifetime protection is $45 for cats/kittens/dogs/puppies and $11.25 for rabbits, which will be added to the adoption fee. For more information please visit bcpetregistry.ca
Welcome to the BC SPCA Tri-Cities Education & Adoption Centre. We are one of 44 BC SPCA locations across the province serving sick, neglected, abused and homeless animals. Whether you are looking to adopt a new furry friend into your family or would like to know more about how you can make difference for animals in our community, we are here to help. The BC SPCA is a not-for-profit organization which relies primarily on community donations to help animals in need. Please join us in the fight against animal cruelty!
Please note that our facility does not provide animal control services such as lost, found or surrendered animals, thank you.
For general inquiries, please call 604-468-4044 or email email@example.com.
Book your child’s next birthday party at the BC SPCA! If you have questions or would like to book a party, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come read with the animals and join our Book Buddies program! This program runs at our branch and after school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Reading sessions are 20 minutes long. Contact the branch book your time today.
For animal services inquiries, please contact the municipal agency for your area:
- Anmore (Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.): Village Hall, 604-469-9877
- Belcarra (Mon.-Fri., 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.): Village Hall, 604-937-4100
- Coquitlam (Mon.-Fri., 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Sat., Sun. & Holidays, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.): Coquitlam Animal Shelter, 604-927-7387; Coquitlam (after hours): Coquitlam RCMP at 604-945-1550
- Port Coquitlam (Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m.): Bylaw Service, 604-927-5440
- Port Coquitlam (lost/found animals and after hours): Countryside Kennels, 604-945-0125
- Port Moody (Mon.-Sun., 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.): Bylaw Enforcement, 604-469-4697
- Port Moody (dog bites and after hours): Port Moody Police, 604-461-3456
- Port Moody (lost pets): Coquitlam Animal Shelter, 604-927-7387
Respectfully acknowledging that the BC SPCA in Tri-Cities is located on the unceded traditional territory of the kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem) First Nation as well as the shared traditional territories of the səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Katzie, xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), Quay Quayt First Nation and Sto:lo Nations, all of which have historical relationships to the land that continue today.
Cheddar and Cheese are hoping to find the "furever" home together! They are sweet, bonded guinea pigs who adore hay and fresh veggies. They love exploring, and would enjoy having a large enclosure in their new home. They do both enjoy spending time with people, although they take a bit of time to warm up to new environments. Come meet this adorable duo today!
Age: 2 years
Animal ID: 458159 & 458160
Breed: Guinea Pig