Wildlife help topics | BC SPCA
Search by
postal code:
Search our site:

Report Animal Cruelty:


For all other calls and inquiries
see our contact details.

Find a BC SPCA location in your area:

Wildlife help topics

Even small oil spills can harm wildlife. Report all oil spills to the provincial government at 1-800-663-3456. If you do not see a clean-up response within 24 to 48 hours, call again – the frequency of calls increases the likelihood of response.

Don’t try to wash an oiled wild animal yourself, always call a professional wildlife rehabilitator. Call our Provincial Call Centre at 1-855-622-7722 for advice or to find a rehabilitator.

For more information, visit our page on oiled wildlife spill response.

Photo by Tony Pace