Sick animals/veterinary services
Sometimes it’s hard to tell if your cat is sick or injured. The signs that she’s sick might not be obvious. Cats have evolved to try and conceal when they are sick. Watch for the signs below and call your vet if you’re not sure. Make sure your cat has regular vet exams to prevent illness.
Signs of illness in cats:
- Hiding, decreased energy, or other behavioural changes
- Changes in grooming patterns
- Changes in litter box usage (going outside the box, straining, etc)
- Increase or decrease in appetite or drinking
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Bad breath
- Sitting hunched over
- Obvious illness or injury: vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, sneezing, wounds, limping etc.
Help a shelter cat receive a health check: