To adopt a pig or any other animal from the BC SPCA, please visit our adoptions page. But before you adopt a pig, please consider the diversity of pig needs, which are much different from the needs of a pet dog or cat. For example:
- How big should you expect a mini pig to actually grow?
- What type of housing do pigs require?
- Are pigs compatible with other pets?
- What do pigs eat?
- Who will be your pig’s vet, and does your local vet accept pig patients?
- Should you get a pet pig spayed or neutered?
- What type of house-training is required?
- What costs are involved?
Get the answer to these and other important questions on our pet pig information page.