Who to contact about injured or orphaned wildlife​
Search by
postal code:
Search our site:

Animal Helpline:


For all other calls and inquiries
see our contact details.

Find a BC SPCA location in your area:

​​I found an injured wild animal, can it be helped?

Don’t try to take care of injured or orphaned wildlife yourself – it is illegal and can cause harm. Contact your local wildlife rehabilitation centre or call the BC SPCA Animal Helpline at 1-855-622-7722 (1-855-6BC-SPCA) for advice on wildlife situations.

Except for Wild ARC, BC SPCA branches do not rehabilitate wildlife. A local veterinarian may be able to help euthanize a suffering animal, but they do not have the permits or facilities to provide full rehabilitation services. Call your local RCMP or Conservation Officer Service if you see adult deer/elk/moose/bears injured on roads.

Read more about how to rescue wild animals.

An injured dove being helped.