Can you help an injured deer?
Search by
postal code:
Search our site:

Animal Helpline:


For all other calls and inquiries
see our contact details.

Find a BC SPCA location in your area:

​A deer has been injured, can it be helped?

If you have found an injured deer fawn or believe a fawn may be orphaned, call our Animal Helpline at 1-855-622-7722 or the Conservation Officer Service at 1-877-952-7277 (RAPP). They will help you assess the animal and find a wildlife rehabilitator.

Unfortunately, wildlife rehabilitators can’t often help injured adult deer, as they are too high-stress to keep in a captive setting. Even when injured, they can be very dangerous because of their size and strength. If you can approach an injured adult deer and they don’t run away, they are likely too badly injured to survive.

Call your local RCMP or Conservation Officer Service to humanely euthanize an injured adult deer.

Read more about rescuing wild animals.

Photo by Tania Simpson