To adopt a chicken or any other animal from the BC SPCA, please visit our adoptions page. But before you decide to raise your own backyard chickens, please consider the following:
- Does your municipality allow the keeping of backyard chickens?
- What do chickens eat? What should you feed to chickens?
- Do you have access to suitable veterinary care in your community?
- What do you plan to do with your chickens once they stop laying eggs?
- How will you protect your chickens from bad weather and natural predators?
- What are you going to do with all that chicken poo?
- What are the risks associated with owning chickens?
Get the answer to these and other important questions on our backyard chickens information page.