What to do with dead wildlife
Search by
postal code:
Search our site:

Animal Cruelty Hotline:


For all other calls and inquiries
see our contact details.

Find a BC SPCA location in your area:

​I found dead wildlife, what do I do?

Small deceased wild animals can be buried or put in the garbage. For larger animals on private property, you may need to contact a waste removal company for help.

For dead animals found on public land, contact your local animal control or public works office for removal.

Dead birds

If you find a dead crow or bird of prey in summer mosquito season, contact your regional health authority. These birds may be tested for West Nile Virus research. If the bird has a leg band, record the letters and numbers and contact the Ministry of Environment at 1-866-431-2473.