The program provides a low-cost spay/neuter surgeries for cats in low-income families and feral cats throughout the Regional District of East Kootenay. This program includes a microchip and registration to the BC Pet Registry. We ask for a financial contribution of $45 for male cats and $55 for female cats.
How can you take advantage of this program?
- Fill in the form below. Please include your proof of income to determine eligibility and speed up the application process.
- Staff will process your information and create your spay/neuter voucher.
- You will be contacted by shelter staff and given a time to pick up your voucher and pay fees (as applicable).
- Pick up your voucher at the East Kootenay BC SPCA in Cranbrook with valid picture ID, proof of low income status and your financial program contribution.
- BC SPCA staff will work with you to schedule your vet appointment.
- At your scheduled appointment time, take your cat and the voucher to the vet clinic for your spay/neuter procedure. Be sure to follow all pre-surgical instructions from the vet clinic and bring a copy of your voucher.
Spay/neuter voucher application - East Kootenay