The BC SPCA Community Animal Spay/Neuter Grant helps communities working to systematically address community cat population growth and support remote communities through increased access to spay and neuter in British Columbia.
The grants are available to registered animal charities and non-profits, municipalities, veterinarians, and First Nations governments.
We fund the following types of projects:
- Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR): Free roaming cats, defined as intact neighbourhood or community-fed cats, abandoned cats, unfriendly or feral cats living in cat groups, where there are one or more caretakers.
- Cats and Dogs on First Nation Land: Owned and unowned cats that are cared for by owners/guardians in a First Nation community. This portion of the program is open only to First Nation governments or rescues that are partnered with First Nations governments and include a letter of support in their applications.
Applications for 2023 are now closed.
Completed forms and documents can be sent to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is February 24, 2023. Please see the application guide and forms below.
- 2023 Grant Program Guide (PDF)
- Application form: Community Cat projects (PDF)
- Application form: Cats and Dogs on First Nation Land (PDF)
- Vet template: Cats (Word)
- Vet template: Dogs (Word)
The grant is currently going into its eleventh year and has helped more than 6,000 animals to date!
Read about past recipients: