Spaying and neutering your pets means that you improve their health, save money on vet bills and help reduce pet overpopulation.
Do you need financial help to spay or neuter your pet? The following B.C. communities have low-cost or no-cost spay/neuter surgeries available for cats, and on occasion, dogs and rabbits as well.
Lower Mainland and Sunshine Coast
- Burnaby: The City of Burnaby offers a $15 rebate, redeemable at the BC SPCA Burnaby Branch for all cats spayed or neutered
- Powell River: Contact BC SPCA Powell River & District Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-483-3506
- Sunshine Coast: The SPCA branch and Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital offer spay/neuter surgeries for $50 to low income residents; contact the BC SPCA Sunshine Coast Branch at email@example.com or 604-740-0301
- Surrey: Contact the Surrey Community Cat Coalition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-589-8552 or contact Paws for Hope at email@example.com
- Squamish: Contact the BC SPCA Sea to Sky Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-898-9890
- Vancouver: Contact BC SPCA Vancouver Animal Hospital at 604-879-3571
- Campbell River: Contact BC SPCA Campbell River Branch at 250-287-7766.
- Cowichan Valley Regional District: Contact Cowichan Cat Rescue at email@example.com or 250-743-6500
- Gabriola Island: Contact Debra of Cats Alive at 250-247-8953
- Nanaimo: Contact BC SPCA Nanaimo and District Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-758-8444
- Port Alberni: Contact BC SPCA Alberni-Clayoquot Branch at email@example.com or 250-723-5269
- Parksville: Contact BC SPCA Parksville-Qualicum Beach and District Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-248-3811
- Salt Spring Island: Contact the BC SPCA Salt Spring Island Branch at email@example.com or (250) 537-2123
- Victoria: Contact Victoria Cat Rescue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-656-1100, Greater Victoria Animal Crusaders at email@example.com, BC SPCA Victoria Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-388-7722
- Cranbrook: Contact BC SPCA East Kootenay Branch at 250-426-6751
- Creston: Call 250-428-2811 for an application
- Grand Forks: Contact Linda of Boundary Community Humane Society at email@example.com or 250-442-8636
- Fernie: Contact the Fernie Pets Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kamloops: Contact BC SPCA Kamloops Spay/Neuter Clinic at 250-376-6055
- Kelowna: Contact BC SPCA Kelowna Branch at email@example.com or (250) 861-7722
- Nelson: Contact BC SPCA Nelson Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-352-7178
- Penticton: Contact the BC SPCA Penticton Veterinary Hospital at email@example.com or (250) 493-1530
- Trail: Contact the BC SPCA Trail Branch at (250) 368-5910 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vernon: Contact the Vernon and District Animal Care Society at email@example.com or 250-542-7203
- Quesnel: Contact the BC SPCA Quesnel Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-992-7722
- West Kootenay: Call Daryl of KAAP at 250-551-1053
- Burns Lake: Contact Lakes Animal Friendship Society at 250-694-3696
- Dawson Creek: Contact the BC SPCA South Peace Branch at email@example.com or 250-782-2444
- Fort St. John: Contact the BC SPCA North Peace Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-785-7722
- Prince George: Contact BC SPCA Prince George Spay/Neuter Clinic at 250-562-5556 or contact BC SPCA North Cariboo and District Branch at email@example.com or 250-562-5511
- Smithers: Contact Northwest Animal Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Williams Lake: Contact BC SPCA Williams Lake & District Branch at email@example.com or 250-392-2179
Don’t see your community listed? Check out our spay/neuter take action page to learn about what you can do to help.
Communities: Not on this list? No longer have funds available for this purpose? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your organization or program added or removed.